Saturday, September 25, 2010

Donora

Donora is a band that I stumbled across by accident actually,
 I was searching for "Shout!" by the Isley Brothers and their song, also titled "Shout!" came up and I clicked it by accident. 
I was pleased with what I saw so I was quick to download anything else I could find by them.



So here you go. I find the singer has a great style and I hope it is appreciated by everyone else. (video below)
If you listen to their other stuff I find that their singer (Casey Hanner) has an unbelievable ability to write cute maybe even unintentionally funny lyrics WITHOUT making the songs become a self-parody (see: I kissed a girl - Katy Perry) Also if you check them out on youtube they seem to hve this series of covers they perform live. Check that out too cause it really ranges from Hot Blooded by Foreigner to Paper Planes by MIA

Also as a reminder, if you've got a band you'd like me to check out, just leave it in a comment and I may just post about it!




10 comments: